We are seeking highly motivated and dynamic Trainers, who are passionate about teaching and educating. The ideal candidate will have experience and expertise in at least one of the following: HIIT and strength interval training, dance, barre/toning, and Pilates methods.
Must be able to efficiently explain and demonstrate exercises, provide modifications and progressions accordingly, and physically lead clients through our high-intensity, sweat-inducing classes! Positive, team-player attitude that can inspire our clients from the moment they walk in the door, all the way through their fitness journey. AKT offers the ability to teach multiple class styles, studio membership, continuing education, and the ability to grow in a supportive and fun environment!
• Love of boutique fitness is a must – professional dance resume is HIGHLY recommended
• Experience teaching group classes, and demonstrate effective group class instruction
• Charismatic, tenacious, positive, and motivational teaching style
• Punctual, reliable, and dedicated
• Desire to build a successful business in a fast-paced environment
• Professional, effective, and empathetic communication skills, with a focus on customer service
• Fitness certification preferred and have a current (or be willing to obtain) valid CPR/AED certification.
• Must be willing to work an estimated 5 classes weekly.
• Provide signature, energetic AKT workouts pursuant to AKT standards
• Instruct clients using proper form, safe methods, and modifications
• Conduct private, semi-private, demo or other additional sessions as needed
• Be a motivating and inspiring force in the AKT Community
• Maintain a clean and orderly workout environment and assist with class setup
• Support studio growth by promoting retail, studio events, and classes
• Build class attendance and retain current clientele through professional interaction
• Talk with clients about their goals and introduce them to our membership sales and services
• Attend staff meetings and required educational presentations
• Assist front desk and General Manager with studio tour, check in, and sales as needed
• Maintain strong, professional social media presence to increase class following
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
• This position offers a very competitive compensation package, based on experience & performance
• Unlimited growth potential within the company
AUDITION: Audition is by invitation only. We will take you through a comprehensive AKT workout including strength training, cardio intervals, and core conditioning.
ATTIRE: Wear comfortable clothing that allows you to safely and confidently perform your best dance moves. Cross training shoes are best.
UPCOMING LIVE AUDITION: April 4th, 11 am – 1 pm at Dance Works on Cleveland Ave. Winning applicants will attend training April 15-19.
EARLY BIRD SUBMISSION OPTION: Eager, strong candidates can apply to be accepted into the March training session via video submission. March training dates are March 11-15 OR March 25-29. Early bird trainers will be able to help market and demonstrate our new fitness concept in our local area. These will be non-studio activities such as pop up or demo classes in various area locations – outdoor spaces, friendly fitness centers, apartment courtyard or meeting rooms, farmer’s markets, community events, breweries, wineries, etc.
TRAINING: Training will be held in Irvine, CA. For successful candidates, AKT Redmond will pay for their training and travel.
AKT CERTIFICATION PROGRAM: Once accepted into the AKT Certification Program, Trainees must be available for a mandatory training program in which they will learn the fundamentals of the AKT curriculum. *Acceptance into the AKT Certification Program does not guarantee employment with the company.
ABOUT AKT: AKT is a revolutionary boutique fitness technique rooted in functional training and movement. Developed by international fitness expert, Anna Kaiser, it combines circuit training, HIIT, strength, toning, dance cardio, Pilates, and yoga to deliver a high-energy, efficient, and fun workout. The ever-changing curriculum provides a full-body workout that keeps muscles guessing, ensuring members never plateau. Thousands of clients per week, including celebrities like Kelly Ripa and Shakira, stay in shape with AKT’s 360-degree lifestyle program via in-class and On Demand experiences. AKT has partnered with one of the largest fitness operators in the country, Xponential, to open over 150 studios in the next two years, creating unlimited geographical and advancement opportunities for our AKTraining Team.