Pier 1 Imports is looking for an Assistant Store Manager. Full time position with benefits. See job description below. Must be available weekend days and some evenings.
To apply, please visit pier1.com/careers-stores, be sure to apply to the Redmond, WA store, #30.
After applying, follow up with Store Manager at (425) 882-2565.
General Purpose The Assistant Store Manager performs and leads all activities that create a customer experience that drives profitable sales, loyalty and customer passion for our brand. Primary responsibilities include performing sales floor activities, executing merchandising and freight flow responsibilities, performing operational procedures, including opening and closing the store, and is responsible for successful implementation of support and administrative functions.
Duties and Responsibilities:
✓ Creates a customer experience that drives sales, loyalty and
customer passion for our brand.
• Helps customers create and build looks by using product, style
and how-to education.
✓Inspires customers and drives sales by applying visual
merchandising guidance to set, update and replenish
✓Provides inspiration, product availability and pricing information
to customers by using available tools (devices, systems,
product education and training tools).
✓Keeps inventory accurate and up-to-date by using the inventory
adjustment log. Note merchandise damages and over/short
quantities in a timely, accurate manner on appropriate
• Reports maintenance safety concerns to store
management. (e.g., damaged fixtures, broken equipment).
• Immediately reports any known or suspected Code of Conduct
violation to the Store Manager, Human Resources, Loss
Prevention or the Regional Manager.
• Handles merchandise sales, returns, coupon sales, designer
discounts, merchandise credits and Gift Cards according to
Pier 1’s policies.
• Adheres to all Company policies and procedures including
Loss Prevention, back door, and safety policies as well as
policies in the Associate Handbook.
• Participates in off-hour processing as needed.
• Minimizes inventory loss by handling, displaying and storing
merchandise properly and with care.
• Wraps, bags and boxes merchandise as appropriate
• Any other tasks as assigned.
• Serves as a leader, coach and Manager on Duty for customer
experience behaviors. Is accountable for KPI results and keeps the
team informed of KPI opportunities and coaches to the behaviors that
drive these results.
• Ensures associate use and application of education and selling tools.
• Communicates information the associate needs to be successful at the
start of and throughout the associate’s shift.
• Understands and is knowledgeable of the store’s customer base, traffic
patterns, market, competition, and uses the information to grow the
✓ Understands and can utilize available store resources for measuring
store sales performance.
✓ Ensures efficient freight processing procedures are being followed.
✓ Coordinates pricing, assembling and processing of merchandise for
proper placement onto the sales floor.
• Notes merchandise damages and over/short quantities in a timely,
accurate manner on appropriate documents and holds associates
accountable for the same.
• Reviews all packing lists upon receipt and ensures billing and inventory
• Consistently tracks and follows up on Customer Orders with
customers, with the DC and delivery carriers to ensure customer
✓ Coordinates and assists in the maintenance and organization of
✓ Participates in and maintains preparation of event and seasonal
guidance (i.e., merchandise placement, signing and tagging,
window graphics and restocking).
✓ Participates in store inventory preparation and process, including
counting the stockroom during inventory process.
✓ Supports the Store Manager in effective scheduling of associates.
✓ Transmits payroll timely and accurately in the absence of the Store
✓ Responds to after-hours calls (e.g., fire, burglary) when contacted
by police, Pier 1 management or central alarm monitoring system.
• Assists Store Manager in the development and training of associates.
• Assists in facilitating the application process for candidates, as
needed, and can answer applicant questions regarding job
functions and duties of store positions.
• Keeps associates knowledgeable, informed and focused
through continuous communication, reinforcement and
feedback in the absence of the Store Manager.
✓ Ensures associate productivity by providing clear
instructions, follow-up, feedback, recognition and
• Understands the Associate Code of Conduct and assists in creating
and sustaining a store environment of honesty, fairness and respect
✓ Keeps Store Manager informed of all store issues.
✓ Unloads/loads merchandise/supplies from truck.
✓ Retrieves merchandise for customers and carries merchandise out for
customers, as appropriate.
✓ Straightens, fronts and faces merchandise.
✓ Continually restocks merchandise onto sales floor.
✓ Ability to work as scheduled, including weekends, holidays, evenings
and early mornings.
✓ Ability to travel as required (i.e., to meetings, special projects, or
assignments at other stores).
✓ Ability to relocate within a market, geographic area or region as
business needs dictate.
✓ Ability to deliver bank deposits.
✓ Ability to lift and move at least 30 pounds on a regular basis.
✓ Ability to lift and move bulky merchandise on a regular basis.
✓ Ability to stoop, bend, climb, and lift so as to stock and retrieve
merchandise from shelving units throughout the day; the shelving
units contain shelves that hold merchandise at various heights,
ranging from floor level up to the ceiling of the store).
✓ Ability to work more than 40 hours per week, based upon business
✓ Ability to work as scheduled, including weekends, holidays and
✓ Ability to deliver bank deposits according to company policy.
✓ Ability to travel as required (e.g., to regional management
meetings or for other special projects).
• Cleans merchandise (e.g., clean glass/front doors/mirrors, dust).
• Cleans restroom, associate break area, stockroom and workbench.
• Ensures front entrance, sidewalk and parking lot are clean, clear
and accessible (sweep, shovel, remove trash, etc.).
• Vacuums/sweeps, mops/buffs floor.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Disposes of trash as per back door policy.
➢ Bachelor’s degree in related disciplines such as business,
retail management, marketing, merchandising or equivalent
plus one year of retail management experience OR
➢ Some college and a minimum of two years Pier 1 or other
retail management experience OR
➢ Two to four years of Pier 1 or other retail management
✓ Considered essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• All other duties and responsibilities are considered marginal functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive listing of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required.