SUPERVISOR JOB DESCRIPTION (NON-EXEMPT)
The Supervisor acts in a leadership role within the store and is responsible for assisting the General Manager and Lead Supervisor in the daily operations of the store. The Sales Supervisor’s primary responsibilities include executing the daily priorities dictated by the General Manager, leading the store staff in the absence of the General Manager or Lead Supervisor and being responsible for specific areas and departments within the store.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE SUPERVISOR INCLUDE:
- Ensuring the successful opening of the store through posting the store break schedule, conducting the 5 minute meeting and communicating the priorities of the day and preparing the registers for business.
- Ensuring the proper closing of the store through delegating the closing responsibilities to the closing team, following up to ensure the tasks were completed adequately, accurately finalizing the accounting (ESA) process, making sure the team punches out and leaves safely and arming the stores security system.
- Direct responsibility for specific areas and departments in the store as assigned by the General Manager.
- Supervisor of Operations: timekeeping and applicant tracking
- Managing speed and service at the front end during peak selling hours.
- Assisting employees or customers on large orders or complex sales.
- Role modeling and coaching store staff on customer service skills and “Bump up the Basket” behaviors.
- Driving WMCC and email capture results through awareness and training of the store staff.
- Providing a consistent level of customer service by maintaining stock levels and sharing knowledge of core products as well as exciting new merchandise.
- Maintenance of visual standards and schematics in assigned departments.
- Ensuring pricing and signing is accurate and visible in assigned departments.
- Walking the store at the beginning of each shift to insure merchandising standards are being met throughout the store.
- Assist in the execution of promotional guidelines, shop sets, advertised sets, and schematics throughout his/her areas of responsibility.
- Assist in the training and development of sales associates including product knowledge, customer service standards, register procedures and stocking standards.
- Excellent supervisory skills including: A strong sense of urgency, excellent customer service skills, good attention to detail, creative problem solving skills, excellent delegation and follow up skills, ability to get the team to execute the priorities you lay out, and to be a good role model and to consistently exhibit the highest level of professionalism and integrity.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including a majority of weekend shifts.
- Minimum of 2+ years of supervisory experience in a retail or similar environment.
- Prior experience in a fast past, customer service industry is preferred.