GOURMET DEPARTMENT HEAD JOB DESCRIPTION (NON-EXEMPT)
A non-exempt position responsible for driving sales in the Gourmet Department, by providing excellent customer service while maintaining visual standards and in-stock position. Additionally, the Gourmet Department Head is responsible for a variety of duties including cashiering, merchandising, stocking merchandise, and maintaining visual standards as directed by management.
THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE GOURMET DEPARTMENT HEAD INCLUDE:
- Assisting customers utilizing World Market service standards as well as representing World Market brand.
- Stocking merchandise according to visual standards, schematics, visual direction, pricing standards, productivity and safety standards.
- Monitoring First In, First Out (FIFO) standards: stock rotation to minimize product expiration.
- Maintaining the stockroom and sales floor organization and standards.
- Adhering to all Company loss prevention policies and procedures, and distressed merchandise procedures.
- Managing the Gourmet Department inventory through the validation and execution of cycle counts, mis-picks/non-ships and all other store-controllable Inventory Control and Inventory Management functions.
- Housekeeping as identified within the Gourmet Department, or as otherwise directed by management.
- Acting as a role model and leader in the store.
- 1+ Years experience in retail preferred, but not required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent time management & organizational skills.
- Ability to initiate a conversation.
- Ability to lift up to 40lbs. As a job position, ‘With Service Leadership’ role carries the responsibilities involved in approving register transactions. This person assumes responsibilities of register procedures and approvals as well as oversees the store for short periods of time in the absence of the General Manager or Supervisors.THE PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE ‘SERVICE LEADERSHIP’ DESIGNATION INCLUDES:
- ‘WITH SERVICE LEADERSHIP’ ROLE
- Answering service calls requiring badge assistance at the registers.
- Assisting cashiers in providing service to customers at the front-end.
- Approving refunds, discounts, and other customer requests as outlined in store policies and procedures.
- Assuming the Front-End Manager role as designated by management. (This may include monitoring the daily break schedule, shopping cart retrieval, requesting additional cashiers, and service calls to ensure that all customers are being assisted as needed.)
- Assuming complete store responsibility in short absences of the General Manager or Supervisors.