Delivers a customer experience that drives sales, loyalty and customer passion for our brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
✓ Creates a customer experience that drives sales, loyalty and customer passion for our brand.
✓ Helps customers create and build looks by using product, style and how-to education.
✓ Inspires customers and drive sales by applying visual merchandising guidance to set, update and replenish displays.
✓ Provides inspiration, product availability and pricing information to customers by using available tools (devices, systems, product education and training tools).
✓ Unloads and processes freight within established time standards.
• Keeps inventory accurate and up-to-date by using the inventory adjustment log. Notes merchandise damages and over/short quantities in a timely, accurate manner on appropriate documents.
• Reports maintenance safety concerns to store management. (e.g., damaged fixtures, broken equipment).
• Immediately reports any known or suspected Code of Conduct violation to the Store Manager, Human Resources, Loss Prevention or the Regional Manager.
✓ Handles merchandise sales, returns, coupon sales, designer discounts, merchandise credits and Gift Cards according to Pier 1’s policies.
✓ Adheres to all Company policies and procedures including Loss Prevention, back door, and safety policies as well as policies in the Associate Handbook.
✓ Participates in off-hour processing as needed.
• Minimizes inventory loss by handling, displaying and storing merchandise properly and with care.
• Participates in and maintain event support preparation.
✓ Wraps, bags and boxes merchandise as appropriate.
• Any other tasks as assigned.
✓ Unloads/loads merchandise/supplies from truck.
✓ Retrieves merchandise for customers and carries merchandise out for customers, as appropriate.
✓ Continually restocks merchandise onto sales floor.
✓ Straightens, fronts and faces merchandise.
✓ Participates in physical inventory process.
✓ Ability to work as scheduled, including weekends, holidays and evenings and early mornings.
✓ Ability to lift and move at least 30 pounds on a regular basis.
✓ Ability to lift and move bulky merchandise on a regular basis.
✓ Ability to stoop, bend, lift and climb so as to stock and retrieve merchandise from shelving units throughout the day; the shelving units contain shelves that hold merchandise at various heights, ranging from floor level up to the ceiling of the store.
• Cleans merchandise (e.g., clean glass/front doors/mirrors, dust).
• Cleans restroom, associate break area, stockroom and workbench.
• Ensures front entrance, sidewalk and parking lot are clean, clear and accessible (sweep, shovel, remove trash, etc.).
• Vacuums/sweeps, mops/buffs floor.
• Replaces light bulbs.
• Disposes of trash as per back door policy.
• 6 months to 1 year of related work experience preferred.
✓ Considered essential functions for purposes of the Americans with Disabilities Act.
• All other duties and responsibilities are considered marginal functions of the job.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive listing of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.